The Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School advantage is reflected in the philosophy that permeates the total education program and the lives of the faculty and students. This philosophy challenges students to improve the world by sharing and living Gospel values and Christ’s message of salvation. They grow to understand the roots of their faith and their responsibilities as Christians.
- Students explore their faith through classes and activities in Scripture, Sacraments, Church, and Morality.
- Our Lady of Lourdes stresses the value of self-discipline and commitment.
- Faculty and staff are role models who share their faith, talents, and time.
- While not all students who come to our school are Catholic, we welcome and share all our experiences of faith and values.
Values which promote understanding and service to the elderly, the handicapped, the poor, and the ill are an important part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School experience. As a faith community, we emphasize those values which encourage students to accept others rather than exclude them, to understand the difference between right and wrong, and to commit themselves to serve God by serving others.
Excellence In Academic Achievement
A Catholic education is a challenging education. High standards, strong motivation, effective discipline and an atmosphere of caring combine to foster excellence, and, a high quality of student performance is supported by the evidence.
Family and Community
- Catholic School students score significantly above the national averages on standardized testing.
- Research shows that because of a greater emphasis on homework and study, Catholic School students develop more effective writing skills.
- Catholic High School students attend post-secondary education at a rate in excess of 80% and are more likely to complete their program of studies.
- Catholic Schools have an excellent success rate in educating minority students.
A Catholic School recognizes the parents and family as primary educators and joins with them to form a living community of shared visions.
- Catholic Schools help students understand that each person is unique and valuable.
- Catholic Schools join with the family to help students understand their special place in the family, the Church, and society.
- Catholic Schools encourage family input and involvement in the ongoing education of their children. Research shows that such a partnership results in higher attendance rates and lower dropout rates.
- Catholic Schools strive to create a special bond among the students, the home, the school, and the church, so that all share the strong sense of community.
Every child shares in an educational environment filled with love and concern — a community joining together to help create a better world
Maintaining High Standards
Catholic Schools' engage in an ongoing process of evaluation, certification, and accreditation of both teachers and programs. Their accountability guarantees the maintenance of Catholic School’s traditionally high standards.
- The Catholic Schools' curriculum meets all state regulations and guidelines. In addition, diocesan guidelines require a strong religious education curriculum.
- Catholic School faculty members are fully qualified professionals committed to bringing out the best in their students as they grow in knowledge, skills, and values.
- Association with agencies such as the National Catholic Education Association, as well as with Diocesan Education Offices, helps provide programs and instruments for internal and external evaluations on an ongoing basis.
Catholic Schools are committed to the development of the whole student. Extra-curricular activities are regarded as an important part of the total learning experience. A variety of choices is offered to reflect the uniqueness of each student, to generate a healthy sense of competition, to create a spirit of cooperation, and to foster both leadership and creativity.
- The emphasis is on participation by all students.
- Community service programs are integral parts of the educational process.
- Appropriate social and cultural activities, under school sponsorship, provide relaxation and creative outlets.
- Athletics include soccer, basketball, baseball, lacrosse, and volleyball among others.
A Catholic School education is worth the cost. It’s money wisely spent. Your child’s tuition is an investment which pays a lifelong dividend.
- Catholic Schools represent affordable excellence; there is an emphasis on efficiency and accountability.
- Tuition cost is often supplemented by the parish, so the Catholic community shares the cost of education.
- In addition to a strong program in the “basics,” as well as challenging programs for gifted students, Catholic Schools add the significant “plus” of religious, moral, and spiritual development.
- Standardized test scores and a college acceptance rate of over 80% reflect that our students are self-disciplined, self-motivated, responsible, and creative.
- In Catholic Schools there is a mutual respect which exists among students, faculty, and administrators which generates an atmosphere of care and concern.